Saturday, December 11, 2004

Your mind gets dirty as you get closer to. . .

. . . THIRTY.

So here it is, the big day itself. I am 30. It really does creep up on you. It's been playing on my mind since I hit 25 (rounding up and all that) and now the day I never wanted to happen is here and it feels. . . . . . . . OK actually. Perhaps 30 suits me after all.

I thought I would have plenty to say on the subject once I collided into this milestone but I haven't really. So far it's been a perfect morning. Me lovely missus made a fantastic breakfast and has spoiled me rotten with some really great presents and just generally done everything possible to make this day as memorable as possible. Later it's some dinner with friends and, probably, a very drunken evening filled with laughter and silliness. No doubt a sore head tomorrow as a consequence but, as ever, it will be worth it.
Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough - Groucho Marx