Tuesday, November 16, 2004

More gibberings

An update to my post on 8th November. Alfred has gone. He did not suffer the fate that is the vacuum cleaner, but fell victim to the old scoop up in a cup, cover with a bit of card, then throw out of the window trick. Much to the girlfriend's chagrin (she had become quite fond of him, in fact, she called him Alfred in the first place if I remember correctly), Alfred ended up being thrown out of my bedroom window. Hey, it's a tough world and he didn't deliver. I had to renegotiate his contract. But the flies are still present. I must kill about twenty of these little fuckers a day, but I just get more and more of them coming back. She that is the girlfriend is convinced this is some sort of instant-reincarnation taking place. Personally, I think I've got a fly infestation. Where are they coming from? They gather around the bedroom window near my desk, are small, slow and easy to kill and WILL NOT GO AWAY! I was left some advice on how to get rid of them on the previous post (thanks: Kitchen Witch), by getting one of those fly frizzler things that you see in chip shops and the like. I bought one of these in the summer and it didn't catch a single one of the bastards so I don't hold out much hope. Still, I'll give it a go. In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions, please leave a comment or mail me.